2nd European Training School of the European Network for Environmental Citizenship (ENEC) Cost Action CA16229
“Interdisciplinarity in Education for Environmental Citizenship research: opportunities and challenges”
22-23 June 2021
A. Expressions of interest
The European Network for Environmental Citizenship (ENEC) aims to improve the understanding, practice and assessment of environmental citizenship in European societies with a particular focus on Education for Environmental Citizenship (EEC). Environmental citizenship requires the development, use and understanding of knowledge and skills from several disciplines, which make EEC a multi-disciplinary endeavor. The second ENEC Training School will focus on the interplay of these disciplines, the assumptions that guide the use of interdisciplinary or transdisciplinary approaches to EEC, and the opportunities and challenges of Interdisciplinarity in EEC research. Participants will be expected to attend and participate at the Virtual Training School on both days, and will be given the opportunity to take part in workshops related to the theme of the Training School, present and discuss their work, and network with other ECIs and the trainers.
Training School dates: 22-23 June 2021, Virtual Event
Host Institution: Southampton Education School, University of Southampton, UK
To be eligible to apply you should demonstrate the following in your application:
- You are a PhD Student or an Early Career Investigator (ECI), in the field of Environmental Citizenship or Education for Environmental Citizenship [ECI is defined by COST as “An individual who is within a time span of up to 8 years from the date they obtained their PhD/doctorate (full-time equivalent)”].
- Provide a letter of recommendation for your participation to the Training School.
- You must be engaged in an official research programme as a PhD Student or postdoctoral fellow or are employed by, or affiliated to, an institution, organisation or legal entity which has within its remit a clear association with performing research.
C. Important dates
The deadline for applications is 1st June 2021. Please send all the application materials to the Training School Coordinator: Dr Andri Christodoulou (email@example.com)
You will be informed of the outcome of the application by 8th June 2021. If accepted you will be expected to attend both days of the training school. After acceptance notification, each trainee must register for an e-COST profile at https://e-services.cost.eu in order to receive an official invitation letter by COST Association. We expect to have 15-20 participants accepted for participation.
The training school will take place online using the Zoom platform, and it will be hosted by Southampton Education School, University of Southampton, UK.
E. Evaluation Criteria
- Eligible trainee (see section B).
- Relevance of the candidate’s research and background to ENEC COST Action’s scope and aims.
- Relevance of the candidate’s’ research and background to the topic of the 2nd European Training School of ENEC Cost Action.
- COST ACTION Gender equality principle.
COST ACTION Inclusiveness principle (Geographical spread includes less research-intensive COST Member States, also known as COST Inclusiveness Target Countries (ITCs): Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Croatia, Hungary, Lithuania, Latvia, Luxembourg, Malta, Montenegro, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Republic of Serbia and Turkey).